PIVOT ARTS FESTIVAL PRODUCER
Pivot Arts amplifies adventurous artists by creating and presenting contemporary, forward-thinking works across performance genres. Now in its 10th year, the Pivot Arts Festival has become a showcase and stopping point for out-of-the-box artists and audiences hungry for adventurous works. In 2022, the Pivot Arts Festival will run from June 10 – 19 primarily at the Edge Theater 5451 N. Broadway in Chicago with load-in beginning on June 6.
We are currently hiring a Festival Producer who will report to the Festival Director. The Producer will serve as the primary liaison between artists, venue, and festival staff. This is a part-time, contract position with pre-festival duties beginning on or around March 7 with a ramp up to the festival. The majority of pre-festival work will take place virtually with in-person requirements occurring around festival rehearsals/performances. The Festival Producer must be widely available June 6-20 to attend load-ins, rehearsals, performances, and load-out as needed.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing the scheduling of all on-site rehearsals, load-ins/installs, performances, and strikes/load-outs for live and virtual events; creating and maintaining shared festival production calendar.
- Overseeing and managing all load-in/installs, on-site technical rehearsals, performances, and strikes/load-outs.
- Hiring and generating contracts for additional production/technical staff
- Managing lighting, sound, and other technical contract staff
- Source and manage volunteers as needed
- Create and manage technical riders for all talent
- Stay informed on all artist and venue contracts
- Coordinate and lead Festival production meetings with Festival Director and relevant staff
- Coordinate and participate in artist site visits to Festival venues
- Oversee the sourcing, acquiring, and returning of technical needs and rentals
- Staying up-to-date and informed on current health requirements and municipal/state and venue regulations regarding Covid-19
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and problem solve in professional, diplomatic manner
- 3+ years of experience producing and/or managing performing arts events including theater and/or dance
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups of people and perspectives
- Basic knowledge of technical theater
- Passion for the performing arts
- Drivers license helpful but not required
Festival duties will take approximately 10-15 hours/week March thru May with a ramp up in late May. The Producer should anticipate being part of the festival full-time June 6-20 with evening and weekend duties required.
Pivot Arts is committed to enhancing our diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Pivot Arts does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Photo of Brittany Harlin from 2019 Pivot Arts Festival taken by William Frederking.